I have been nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by The Hopeful Wayfarer! Her blog contains tons of awesome posts about college, book reviews, and various lifestyle categories. Definitely be sure to check it out, you won’t regret it!
The rules for this award are:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Okay, so I was planning on writing a post about my first week of the school year, so I’m going to kind of use the 7 facts and do it that way instead!
1. I’m a sophomore college student at Northern Kentucky University. I’ve lived in Northern Kentucky pretty much my entire life, and although I really, really like it, I plan to live elsewhere for at least a few years or so at some point in my life and then return to raise a family in the good ole NKY.
2. I’m a cellular, molecular, and genetic biology major, chemistry and Spanish minor. If all goes well with my next two semesters of Spanish, I found out I’ll qualify to go on a one month study abroad trip to Spain next summer and receive class credit for it – super stoked about that because I love to travel.
3. I’m still undecided as far as what I would like to do post undergrad, but my top options seem to be to either get a master’s degree in genetics and become a genetic counselor or researcher or to go to optometry school and become an eye doctor!
4. Today I accepted a volunteer position to work in a lab at NKU that deals with, simply put, gene mutations and their effects on causing hereditary breast cancer, so hopefully, that will give me a better idea of what I’ll want to do in the future!
5. I have signed up for sorority recruitment, and although I’m a little nervous and unsure what it’s all about, I’m really excited to find out! I’ve been told by so many people that it’s something I need to experience whether I decide to join one or not, and I don’t want to be left wondering what if, so I will be rushing the first weekend of September (NKU does it a little later than most universities)!
6. I went to go see The Giver last night, and it absolutely lived up to my expectations! I read the book over the summer when I first heard that they were coming out with the movie. I’m going to be one of those people and say that the book was definitely better than the movie, but the movie was still fantastic. It’s a very eye-opening, inspiring movie, and it reminds you that life is meant to be full of love, hope, and faith.
7. I’m currently sitting at work which is usually where I do all of my blogging. I’m a part-time receptionist at a nursing home, so there’s a lot of free time to do homework and other things, such as, well… blogging. I love my job so very much, and I love the elderly even more. Elderly people truly are the best people.
Okay, on to my nominations:
I want to thank The Hopeful Wayfarer again for the nomination, and I look forward to reading all of my nominee’s 7 facts!
Thanks for reading and have a fabulous weekend!