Oh boy… I know I say this every single summer, but this summer has by far been the fastest summer of my life. It has also been the most life changing and productive summer I’ve ever had, so I’m definitely sad to see it go. However, I think it has propelled me into the upcoming semester, and I could not be more excited. Yes, I just said that – I’M EXCITED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL – and I think a lot of students at Northern Kentucky University are saying the same thing. There’s just something about walking around on campus knowing that you’re a part of something really big and unique – NKU’s rise to Divison 1. I can’t wait to keep the flame burning at NKU and to continue to build into myself and my community this next semester. But before I jump full force into the demands of college, I want to take time to reflect on what I have learned this summer and why I’m grateful for it.
I’m thankful for…
- a week spent in a new part of Florida with my mom, aunt, cousin, and friend where a lot of laughs and special bonding took place
- a month spent in Spain where I learned what it’s like to be thrown into something completely different and new and where I discovered what the best version of myself looks like
- making new friends and making memories with old ones
- getting somewhat tan so I don’t look as ghostly
- having the opportunity to start a brand new organization on campus
- the opportunity to read a lot more than usual (check out my post on all of the books I’ve read this summer here)
- the moments that God revealed Himself to me in a new or exciting way (a lot of times thanks to Crossroads)
- the disappointments and failures I’ve come across and the lessons I’ve learned in turn
- every single moment that made me smile or laugh
…because without each and every one of those things, I wouldn’t be ready to tackle what’s sure to be another crazy, busy, hectic, and most importantly fun and fulfilling semester!
I hope you all had a wonderful summer!